Monday, February 24, 2014

FRIENDS AND FAMILY

FAMILY AND FRIENDS

Looking back at my up bringing I think I have always been prepared for this life im living now.I was rasied by my grandparents from the age of 11months till I left home after high school to study in Cape Town where I was for 10 years then I got on the road.
From primary school I use to go to all kinds of camps SU camps (scripture union),bonga bonga bush camps, school camps, prefect camps,then for high school I went to boarding school Ixopo and that’s where the possibilities grew because we had children from Eastern Cape, Matatiala, Kwa Zulu Natal and many other places and I befriended a lot of people then on free weekends where we had to live the hostel I visited friends and after high school I moved to Cape Town.

In this sense I believe my family prepared me for the greater world. I know I didn’t have to live home to know how much I love my friends and family.

Right now in my life ( being in the Caribbean) I have all that one could want, sunny days, beautiful scenery, rivers and waterfalls, but being without the familiar faces of friends and family there is a constant feeling of MISSING home, the language the food the music the colour and sounds of the street, I miss my friends and the things we did together be it chilling, vibing, dancing. I miss my grandmother and her funny ways (we laughed as much as we disagreedJ). I miss the little things they did or say.
I miss my family and friends for their loving kindness even more when I need a hug, advice sometimes even something to eat the economy here is not the greatest so I have redefined hunger.

Sometimes I feel guilty about being so far away, it becomes worse when they ask me when I am coming back and the truth of it I don’t know when but I now I will eventually sometimes I miss them SO MUCH I would cry for hours then I wipe my tears and become aware of how blessed I am to be in this position too unique, too beautiful of an opportunity to not see it through, to me it is a once in a life time opportunity it would be so wrong not to experience and enjoy.
Opportunities are rare and we should strive in them once they arrive cos one day I would be able to say to my kids (if ever im blessed with them)
I am blessed I am highly favoured. These are words that feel my mind as I enjoy the nights full moon ocean view surrounded by trees of great beauty so natural so bright and beautiful is the night. I am immediately transported to reminds me of when we were young and my grandmother through readers digest had received an atlas book it was very big and long it showed you the continents and their countries. My brother my  cousins and me we would page through it and be like I am going here or neh it looks dry little did we know till later, that it’s just an arial view of the place, on quite moments I would pick the book up and look at the various places for hours and say to myself one day.
Australia use to be my obsession.

Thinking about my childhood the only thing I was discourage from by my grandmother was traveling I use to annoy her about where I want to go and she would be like the ancestors won’t let you travel so far they would be confused and unhappy. Now that I am grown and I am travelling I let them know every time I move just for her sake maybe in some way her view affected me to be conscious of vibes. What I do is every time I move I let them know o khokho we are moving to the land of these people or we have arrived in this place and I live where etc.
 Moral is all our lives we have been working towards this day this life we living today, think about it.

It is the way we live the choices we make that lead us to where we go, so please lead me to the place of love to the place of happiness.

Finding out whats right for you and your path can be challenging and difficult but its doable the world still has love and supports its children as much as I miss home and family and friends I have met equavillants families that have embraced me fed me, clothed me and sheltered me,I have met friends who hug me love me fight with me lie good friends do. Dunny thing though is when I see someone who looks like a friend back home be it their mannerism dress code even physical looks when that happens, I get an overwhelming feeling of care that that friend is thining about me looing out for me.

Yesterday one of my dear friends Nonkosi we were chatting about  the reggae show that happened back home Gentleman was in South Africa and I missed him!!!so she was taking pleasure at this too J her last msg was “we miss you so much and all the people who now you always ask when you coming back?the whole of South Africa miss you” I was touched and felt good TO KNOWI AM LOVED no matter where I am.

Memories of you they follow me where ever I go and memories don’t live like people do.


Love and happiness

some of the many faces I miss...














1 comment: