Tuesday, April 8, 2014

uBuntu Creative Expressions..lend a hand

Dearest friends and acquaintances 


                                                     ubuntu |oǒ'boǒntoō|
uBuntu is an ancient African word meaning 'humanity to others'. It also means 'I am what I am because of who we all are'. uBuntu creative  brings the spirit of Ubuntu to the world.



arts as a medium of expression and a learning tool
using recyclable goods to make music instruments
with under privileged youth to breech borders and keep environments clean
and I need your help to accomplish this
because it will take everything  to steer the future
away from endless war, from the annihilation of the Earth's treasures and the grinding down of the poor and marginal.  

action is impossible without hope."  --Rebecca Solnit

In my travels I have come up with a concept that summons what I am doing: uBuntu creative expressions. uBuntu creatives use arts as a medium of expression and a learning tool . uBuntu creatives focus on the below methods to work with the youth and artists that are interested in African culture more specifically South Africa because I can only speak about what I know.

Methods used

As relating to South African culture in:
  • Drama/story telling/acting
  • Dancing
  • singing
  • creating(making music instruments
2 weeks Easter program:

uBuntu Creatives presents...


Ultimate Child's World Creative Arts
Easter program  
4-15 years
17th-26thth April 2014... 10am-4:30pm daily 

Guitar, dance, singing, drawing classes and English lessons

money raised will go towards the instrument making program for summer.

My work



  •  I work with school children I have an 8 week program where I teach them to make music instruments(berimbau and rain sticks..this depends on age group), discuss social issues turn them into a play where we incorporate the music instruments we have made and in the end we do a production night where they perform for their school and community to raise funds for their school.
  •  I work with school drama music and dance departments where I teach children South African dances and movement using djembe drums and other percussions and some Zulu songs.
  •  I go around schools doing monologue plays and storytelling for younger ones as a way of closing the gap of misunderstanding between Africa and African descendants  I work with local artist to create collaboration opportunity to fuse my South African sounds with local sounds which has been very successful and growth opportunity.  I do collaborative work with local artists and record a song.
  •  Towards the end of my time in the country/Island: working with local directors, producers and artists we show case a play I wrote Princess Magogo the rise of the star looking at the role and responsibility of artists in preserving the story of our society and setting a vision for the people and I do alive performance using a local band.
sharing my art skills is one best way I know how to give back to the place that has showed me loving kindness.

for more follow ups on the creatives...
thobs the zulu queen
http://dawtasofthesun.blogspot.com/

 To help please send your donations vis WESTERN UNION to:

30 simon Bolivard Stockfarm Dominica

ID name Bridget Thobekile Mbanda..


kindly inbox me the reference number and your name to: tmbacktoeden@gmail.com


thank you






No comments:

Post a Comment