Thursday, April 10, 2014

GOODWILL SECONDARY SCHOOL VISIT

Dearest Family

Most part of my travelling especially in the  Caribbean(historical reasons) has alot to do with me wanting to connect cultures,My South African way of life, with my fellow people who have never been to any part of Africa and have love and interest for my/our beautiful continent

I am an artist a creative and I carry that in my DNA no matter where I be in the world  creativity defines me...children are my concern,I look at how I can contribute in their lives using my creative skills as an artist.

I have long come to understand that adults(running government orgs related to education) are very reluctant to alternative thought even worse so when the education in it self doesn't promote arts or creative thinking,so no matter how simple the idea they will complicate it and make things seem so complex so as to remain comfortable in their sits and never truly pay attention to the effects that face youngstars going through their education system.

with that being said then it becomes the doers responsibility to find alternative to accomplish the vision at hand rather then throwing in the towel and cussing the system,we seek alternative that would give us the same result..where there is a will their is the way the avenues you think are going to help you are the first to reject you or they become a stumbling block but thats all temporal if you want things done.

It is such a pleasant pleasure and most fulfilling feeling to be around youngSTARS. Around the youth I continue learning about me and my journey thier questions make me reflect on my intentions and the purpose I feel I am being called towards as I continue working with them and their guardians.

So after couple of months between schools and the department of education in DA and partnering with Jenny Coy I was finaly invited to a school today to come do a session :A journey to Africa with Thobs the Zulu Queen.When I arrived at the school and the warm reception before and after the performance that the children gave me,made every challenge I have faced with the ministry worthwhile thier smiles and desire is priceless.

thank you Goodwill Secondary School and that is why I love what I do that why I love music and storytelling and who better to share it with then children (and adults :)

the funniest  moment of my day: trying to convince a group of teens its ok to sit on the grass!!took some coaxing but they soon realised this crazy South African wont take a no for an answer,so they caved in I promised them if they dusted of when they stood up it works like magic grass flies off...got to love youngSTARS!!



A storyteller: speak to be heard and understood,communicate a vision to the people and be honest.






















No comments:

Post a Comment