Tuesday, May 27, 2014

DAYS GONE BY AFRIKAN LIBERATION WEEK IN DOMINICA

8 months later I am still enjoying the nature island and observing the everyday realities of Island life.

Since my last blogg so much has taken place,African Liberation wek celebration,which was quite good for me opened some opportunities for my performance. I also got to meet students from Nigeria and Ghanna who are living here in DA...it felt like a wonderful reunion of Afrikan children.

Having to understand what Afrikan Liberation means to the children of the diaspora,the realities of identity,culture and tradition of Afrikan descendants.There is still so much to be done to restore the lost knowledge.

 the one thing I am observing as a traveller in the Caribbean one needs a healthy pocket for if you going to live like locals you will find your self in great discomfort,for if you cant sustain your self economicaly here you're in trouble even though you will get by because the locals will go out their way to help you and I have been very fortunate to meet kind hearted people.

The greatest honour is to have shared the stage with Nelly Stharre and Trevy they are the Roots Mahaut but both are well accredited artists…Trevy is the lead singer and guitarist of the original Boom Shaka.
We had a very nice show at ZamZam CafĂ©. Memories don’t live like people do…thank gwad  for that.

feeling blessed with a wealth of experience.defining and determining who I am in the scheme of things in this world of ours and I learn daily we as a people of the earth have more in common than what divides us.


























No comments:

Post a Comment